Monday, April 7, 2014

14 & 15


14/52


15/52

That face! It has been a rough couple of weeks in these parts. Teething, a huge growth spurt, and a leap in new skills has made for one sore, cranky, and not very happy about sleeping eight month old. Most nights have had at least four or five wake-ups, and although he's usually a pro at going back to sleep at night, there has been a lot of rocking and walking and calming of an unhappy boy. I think I blocked out those sleep deprived newborn days because I'm only now remembering just how tired I was. I just keep saying "this too shall pass", and am trying to soak in all the wonderful bits among the chaos. The hugs (real hugs now!), the cuddles, the giggles, the almost crawling, the discovering and the figuring things out on his own. It is exciting for sure, and there is so much good.