It is that wonderful mid century style I love and it is a very solid piece, but the fabric was worn and stained and the wood was scratched, and of course there was only one. Still, for $3.99 I couldn't pass it up. With a little effort, it would be just right.
I picked up some wood oil, foam, and chose some wonderful echino fabric from my stash, and got to work.
Pulling off the old foam was quite a chore, but stapling on the new was almost therapeutic.
Then came the fabric..
I am so happy with the result! I decided to keep the chair back in wood. There are some tiny holes from where staples used to be, but they are not very noticeable.
My lonely chair needed a mate. In lieu of a matching mate, I pulled up a wooden chair from my parents' basement that would suffice.
In order to coordinate them a little, I quickly sewed up a seat cushion in the same fabric (you can see the first chair, mid-makeover in the background). I had just enough! It is quite thin, with only three layers of organic cotton batting inside, but it is thick enough to keep bums comfy and warm through the winter months. I am so happy with my mismatched chairs!