Monday, July 2, 2012

Traditions


I am big on traditions. I love them and look forward to them each year. Most are many, many year old family traditions, but Mr.Crowe and I have a few little traditions of our own. One of them started eight years ago, when we decided to celebrate Canada Day together. Okay, I have to admit that I have a little tradition of my own that started even before then - I have a pair of Canada undies that I got way back in high school that I break out once a year. As much fun as it is, I do love mine and Jer's tradition a little more.


Our first year celebrating together we decided to go watch fireworks at a nearby park. We found an empty little dirt road that was the perfect spot. There were no street lights, just trees, tall grasses, and fire flies putting on a light show of their own.


As the years went on more and more people discovered our little spot, but it was still perfect. This year we arrived to find it blocked off. Someone had built a property down the road and didn't want a bunch of cars parked up to watch the fireworks. Completely understandable, but a little sad for us. We drove around a little and found a new spot. Brighter, more crowded, but still a great place to watch the show.


I can't wait to share this tradition of ours with a little family of our own. Maybe next year?


I hope all my fellow Canadians had a very happy Canada Day, whatever your traditions may be!



No comments: