Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Little Thrifting & Pizza Making


With everything going on, it has been a while since I've had a good thrifting trip. Yesterday my good friend Adi asked me to go with her to a favourite shop of hers. Of course I was happy to go!
The little suitcase was from a previous trip, but I got a pretty good haul. I did spot some minty Pyrex in the Forest Fancies pattern, but I try to be very picky with buying Pyrex these days since my collection is a little out of hand.

The shop was in an area of the city filled with beautiful old houses, so I took a few pictures while I was lusting over the old architecture. If only housing prices in this city were more reasonable!


Adi scored the best find of the day - a vintage record player in a hard suitcase. It was in perfect working condition and sounded great! Just the thing for her new apartment. She also found a cute little slip with darling lace work, but it was a couple sizes too big. Instead of passing it up, we brought it back to my place and took in the seams.


Afterwards we had a bit of a girls night with homemade pizza and a few Gilmore Girl's episodes.


For the dough, I use Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast and follow the recipe on the jar. It's super easy and only takes a few minutes. I'll often swap out some of the flour for whole wheat.


Normally I knead the dough by hand, but this recipe gave me a chance to try out one of our *sort of* wedding gifts..


I've been wanting one of these for oh, 10 years now? I cannot wait to try out more recipes!

I also want to wish my fellow Canadians a very HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!





No comments: