Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jane Market Bags

I got Alicia Paulson's Jane Martket Bag pattern the very day it came out, but somehow it ended up being moved to the bottom of my sewing basket and I never got around to making one. While oogling fabrics on Etsy a while back, I found the perfect combinations for one of these bags. They arrived two days ago and I quickly got to work!

This first bag uses Scandi Owls and dots, both by Kokka. The dots fabric had two strips of grey and white dots and one of pink and red. I love the way they go together! The lining fabric was something I already had in my stash.

The second is made from Barn Sparrows by Sevenberry and Forest by Hokko. The handles and lining are Mod Circles by Dena Designs.


It was a super easy and quick pattern to make, and these are so versatille. The huge square bottom is great, perfect for shopping. I just love them! Perfect timing too since my reusable grocery totes are in poor shape. I'll just have to keep an eye on these since my last homemade totes were swiped right out of my cart!


A couple days ago I met up with another member of the Pyrex Collective (link in my sidebar). I'm toning down the Pyrex collection, and she was looking for one of the sets I was getting rid of. She mentioned she was missing a bowl for one of her Friendship sets, and I had a double even though it was in poor shape. I passed it along anyway so she could have a stand-in until she finds one in better shape. She brought me the larger white Turquoise Gooseberry bowl! It isn't in the greatest shape, but it's gorgeous. I couldn't believe she would do that for me. What a sweetie! I have met some really great people through Pyrex collecting, which is another reason why I enjoy it so much.

1 comment:

Benny said...

A second price there are actually will be widely used rolex replica sale. This unique Bulova Men Generally Follow is completely silver antique accompanied by a over have to deal with which may be enclosed from gems. Its constructed from covered not to mention finished hublot replica sale all steel metal accompanied by a silver antique switch. Most people protect essentially more than two hundred $ investing in this unique equipment over the internet. One can find replica watches sale. This unique follow possesses a block have to deal with with the help of gems at the 12 o'clock amount, typically the 3 o'clock amount, typically the 6 o'clock amount, and then the 9 o'clock amount. Gems even encircle both of them end outsides of this block have to deal with at the replica watches. Space might be virtually all charcoal that makes typically the follow take a look perhaps even clearer. The charge of this follow over the internet might be 500 $ in opposition to original report charge that you will find in stores that may be on the subject of 400 not to mention twenty-five $. Store shopping over the internet might be safer not to mention convenient, you can actually check around and search and discover typically the rolex replica sale and never having to disk drive and / or hike because of stow towards stow.