Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Happy Mail Day!

After around four years of searching, the elusive Blowing Leaves has joined my little Pyrex family. I know I said I was downsizing, but there's always room for those special pieces..right? I hadn't even seen a Blowing Leaves on online auction sites, but a flickr friend gave me some searching tips and a recommended search of 'mint Pyrex' popped up during one of my rounds. I decided to click, just for the heck of it. A few pieces down there was what looked like a regular turquoise 024. I clicked anyway, and found this beauty for less than $10! I couldn't believe it. It's not in perfect shape, but I don't care at all. I was so excited to get it in the mail today, I literally hugged it. Oh, dear. Sometimes I really do get way too into this Pyrex stuff.

I also got this Friendship round casserole lid. I've been really loving the opaque lids lately, especially Friendship and Daisy. I was never crazy about them before, but I guess my Pyrex tastes are changing.


The sweet little owl fabric also arrived today. I'm thinking of turning it into a Jane Market Bag. I bought this pattern the first day it became available, but haven't actually made one yet. All of my resuable shopping bags are pretty worn out so I could definitely use a couple new ones. I have no excuses now! Well, except for this evening. I'm off to our second Sparks meeting. Yes, I am a Sparks leader now! I have been wanting to get back into Guiding for years, and am finally doing it. Cookies anyone??

No comments: