Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Eggling.

I got one of these little egglings two months ago. The ceramic egg comes packaged in a cute little box, and is already filled with soil and seeds. You just crack it open, water, and wait...and wait, and wait, and wait. Then you wait some more. After nearly a month of waiting, and obsessively checking my egg each day, I didn't think anything was going to grow besides weird stains (which I think are from the terracotta pan + water) on the outside of the shell. Then one morning I awoke to find this..

Cool!

Then this happened.

Things really started growing!

Now not so much. Hopefully one day soon these will actually look like cacti. I wonder how long it takes a cactus to get prickly!

I've been told that other varities of egglings grow much quicker, so if you're impatient like me, you might want to stick to the herbs, wild strawberries, or maybe a pretty flower.