Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Sales.

There were a lot of sales this Saturday. Estate sales, church sales, garage sales, and even a rummage sale at a fancy private school (people started lining up at 5 am for that one!). I was going to prepare my garden beds this morning, but I decided to put that off for a morning of sales with my mom. We both did extremely well too.

This is just part of our haul. My mom also found 50+ children's books, a huge set of K'nex, some wonderful handmade dress-up costumes, math manipulatives, puppets, and vintage puzzles and blocks, for her grade one classroom. All for under $30. Some of the books were brand new, with the $18.99 price tags still on them.

It's probably not surprising that I kept my eye out for Pyrex while we were looking around. The blue and orange dishes came from an estate sale. The man who was running it had a great collection of vintage dishes and kitchen appliances. By the time we got there most of it was gone, but I managed to get these two dishes and a white Fiestaware pitcher. A guy who went in right before us grabbed a few great Pyrex dishes. Lucky him!

This chicken pot holder came from the same sale. I'm going to have to make some more of these! I'm adding that to my sewing queue.

One of the estate sales we visited was at the home of an interior decorator. She had an amazing antique collection she was selling off, and among all the furniture I found a box of fabric remnants. Can you believe I got all of this, plus some trim for $1? Most of the pieces are quite large, large enough to sew into a bag or a pillow. I have a lot of ideas for this pile of fabric!


I always have so much fun at these kinds of sales! This was a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Vonlipi said...

Going huntimg for treasures is so very fun! But as you know I was working on my kitchen and my garage sale...Maybe next week!

Nikki said...

I would have loved to be searching through treasures at your garage sale!

I cannot wait to see your finished kitchen. I know it's going to look amazing!