Monday, October 27, 2008

In With the Old.

I've grown tired of replacing Ikea dressers every couple of years because they just do not hold up well. Maybe I'm a little rough on my dressers. From the state of my bottom drawer, one might think I were hiding rocks in the toes of my socks! In any case, it was just not practical. After copious amounts of crazy glue and duct tape to fix the collapsed drawers on my most recent dresser, the MALM, I decided a change was in order.


A hidden gem (my father's childhood dresser) was pulled out of the basement junk closet, and was transformed with a few coats of paint and some new hardware. It is almost unrecognizable. The best part - it's solid as a rock. I don't forsee any duct taped drawers in the near future, and that is just fine with me.

No comments: